Following are some of the more important Facebook groups I’ve chosen to join for business reasons:
- The Entrepreneur Group – Think Your Way to Wealth
Created by Udemy Instructor Mark Timberlake, this is one of my favorite entrepreneurial groups at this time. As of November 18, 2020, the membership base was closing in on 2700. It is a closed group and was set up to augment his related Udemy courses.
Social Media Networking Groups
- The Secret Team – A closed group with over 13,000 members, this one is owned by Chris Brogan and Rob Hatch. Chris is internationally recognized for his extensive social media networking skills. He also happens to be a New York Times best selling author and an excellent public speaker. As of March 1, 2020, there are around 13,215 group members of which 70 are friends of mine.
- Mari Smith’s Social Scoop – A closed group of over 14,600 members as of November 20, 2020, I’ve been a member of this one for years. Mari is the one who introduced me to Facebook in 2007.
Personal Development Groups
- The Achievement Group – An invitation-only group with over 6,000 members this one is owned by Brendan Burchard. This group is a complement to Burchard’s Achievement Accelerator program, of which I’m a participant. He tries his best to get into the group once a week to personally answer member queries.
- The Motivation Group – A public group owned by New York Times best-selling author Brendan Burchard, this group is a complement to Burchard’s Motivation Manifesto book.
Video Marketing Groups
- Master Virtual Presenter Group – A public group owned by online marketing veteran Alex Mandossian who offers courses in mastering Google Hangouts, webinars, live casts and teleseminars.
- Video Traffic Academy – A closed group owned by James Wedmore, set up for the purpose of supporting students of his Video Traffic Academy training program. As of January 19, 2017 the training as been rebranded as Video ROI. Video Traffic Academy graduates have access to Video ROI. I need to verify that I have converted my membership. James is also a graduate of Marie Forleo’s B-School program. I was introduced to James by Amy Porterfield, another B-School graduate.
Marie Forleo B-School Groups
- Legacy Bs – (Formerly B-School Group) Created by Sally Hope, a member of Marie Forleo’s team, on January 14, 2014. I joined this group on March 4, 2014, when I enrolled in her B-School for the first time. On August 10, 2020, Marie and her staff left the group, leaving it up to several alumni members to admin. If you were a member before the August 10 change and still are, you can read the announcement by clicking here. As of the point in time I checked on November 16, 2020, there were over 29,000 members, 2,000+ more than in 2019. Yes, Marie’s B-School program is continuing and live sessions are being held in the Member section of Marie’s site.
- Member Groups Created Exclusively for B-School Alumni – Since Forleo and team pulled their Facebook group presence in 2020, I closed at least three B-School groups I had created or taken over for another creator. There just wasn’t enough engagement to warrant maintaining them. The latest group archived was Boomer Babes.