Following are the Facebook groups I’ve chosen to join for business reasons:
Social Media Networking Groups
- The Secret Team – A closed group with over 13,800 members, this one is owned by Chris Brogan and Rob Hatch. Chris is internationally recognized for his extensive social media networking skills. He also happens to be a New York Times best-selling author and excellent public speaker. As of May 12, 2018 this group continues to be one of the more active groups I belong to.
- Snapchat News and Education – A closed group created by Jed Record to help his connections made through Twitter, Blab.im, Periscope, learn the ins and outs of Snapchat.
Personal Development Groups
- The Achievement Group – An invitation-only group with over 6,000 members this one is owned by Brendan Burchard. This group is a complement to Burchard’s Achievement Accelerator program, of which I’m a participant. He tries his best to get into the group once a week to personally answer member queries.
- The Motivation Group – A public group owned by New York Times best-selling author Brendan Burchard, this group is a complement to Burchard’s Motivation Manifesto book.
Video Marketing Groups
- Master Virtual Presenter Group – A public group owned by online marketing veteran Alex Mandossian who offers courses in mastering Google Hangouts, webinars, live casts and teleseminars.
- Video Traffic Academy – A closed group owned by James Wedmore, set up for the purpose of supporting students of his Video Traffic Academy training program. As of January 19, 2017 the training as been rebranded as Video ROI. Video Traffic Academy graduates have access to Video ROI. I need to verify that I have converted my membership. James is also a graduate of Marie Forleo’s B-School program. I was introduced to James by Amy Porterfield, another B-School graduate.
- Launch School – A closed group created by Udemy Instructor Eli Regalado of the Mad Hatter Agency to support students in their new product launch campaigns. Eli focuses on reward-based crowdfunding. His favorite platforms are Indiegogo and Kickstarter. (No campaign funding solicitations allowed).
- Crowdfunding: Kickstarter, IndieGogo… – A public group created by Jen Zariat, Co-founder at Symbiosis Gathering. In this one, you can add your projects or link to campaigns you’d like to support. Share resources or helpful tips on how to make a crowdfunding campaign more successful. (Over 11,000 members in this group as of April 2016)
Marie Forleo B-School Groups
- B-School Group (main group) – created by Marie Forleo, this closed group is open only to B-School students and graduates. As of February 26, 2018, there were over 20,000 members in this group.