I opened up a Blab.im account through Twitter on August 4, 2015 at the suggestion of one of my Twitter friends, Mia Voss. It wasn’t until Thursday, August 20, though, that I jumped on screen to test it out. It was a life-changing experience. All of a sudden I could see hope for the future in online communication and education. I immediately started researching the company and its plans for developing the platform. To help me get started in using Blab, I found this video uploaded to YouTube on August 17th by Sunny Lenarduzzi especially helpful.
Blog Posts and Articles onÂ Getting Started on blab.im
Posts include insight on how to set up your blab.im account as well as how and why to transition from other online video streaming applications.
- How to Host a Blab: Gain viewers, book great guests and enhance your brandÂ (by Ross Brand, 2/15/16)
- Do you Blab? It’s the next best thing in social media.
- The Ultimate Guide to Blab.im
- Goodbye Google Hangouts – Hello Blab.im
- Blab Video Chat App is Like Periscope for Friends
- How to use Blab.im for business to attract leads and sales
- How to Get Started on Blab: Group Video Broadcasting for Marketers (Social Media Examiner)
- 15 Blab Tips for Marketers: Ultimate Guide to Blab (Social Media Examiner)
- 40 Quick Tips for Blab
Blab.IM Early Adopters
From my first day on Blab, I have met some amazing live video show hosts. If you were active on Blab.im, please check out and follow my Twitter List of Blab Early Adopters. If you should be on that list and aren’t, you can be added to itÂ by tweeting your request directly toÂ me on Twitter. If you are maintaining a Twitter list of Blab users, please let me know. I’d be happy to follow your list, too.
- Jed RecordÂ (Wednesday, 7/29/2015)
- Marty McPadden (Saturday, 8/1/2015)
- Robert C. Stern (The Social Leader)Â (Tuesday, 8/4/2015)
- Mia Voss – Mia on the GoÂ (Tuesday, 8/4/2015)
- Chef Dennis Littley – Ask Chef DennisÂ (Sunday, 8/9/2015)
- Joel Comm – The Joel Comm ShowÂ (Friday, 8/14/2015)
- Michael A. Stelzner of Social Media ExaminerÂ (Wednesday, 8/19/2015)
UPDATE: On Friday, June 17, 2016, Michael Stelzner announced the Social Media Examiner crew was abandoning Blab as a broadcasting platform for its weekly live-stream show. As far as I’m concerned this marked the end of that platform as a social media outlet. After that date, until Shaan Puri announced the end of the #blabbetaexperiment on August 12, it had become a social hang-out filled primarily with trolls and online curmudgeons.
As of April 2021, I was able to find some videos on YouTube that had originated on blab.im.
- How To Use Blab Live Webcasts To Increase Your Udemy Course Engagement Dave Espino
April 6, 2016 3:31 min.
- Local Marketing on Blab – Featuring Mark Timberlake, Ileane Smith, Scott Paton
- Udemy Course Creation with Udemy Instructors Dennis Smith, Matt Bernstein and Phil EbinerÂ
- wirecast & blab // 1.4 – real world examples – Philip Campbell